4.08.2011

honing the wardrobe

Today's outfit is a perfect example of my true style and how I wish I dressed everyday.  Why don't I dress the way I want to everyday, you ask??  The answer is simple: I don't know!  I suppose laziness has a lot to do with it, but it could also be that my work environment is not conducive to arriving in my ideal ensembles. 

I finally found the perfect {read: doesn't make me look butch} denim jacket and black knit maxi skirt!!!!!  Both have been on my shopping list forever, so it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood when I got to check them off.

 
 
jacket Lucky Brand, sweatshirt J.Crew, maxi skirt Express, necklace vintage {gift}, gold ring Express, gold bangles Love Culture, gold and black friendship bracelet Express, leather "Bowie" cuff custom, nail polish OPI's a good man-darin is hard to find

I was so comfortable and happy with my outfit, that I didn't bother styling my hair or putting on makeup.  A quick blow-dry and some chapstick and eyebrow gel {daily essentials!} and I was out the door.  You can't see my shoes, but I'm wearing my coveted Camden brogues from J.Crew and some J.Crew mauve trouser socks.  All these pieces are super versatile, and this skirt is so cozy I want to nap right now.  I also bought a longer maxi with a less casual waistband from Express to wear with heels.  Love!

1 comment:

alli/hooray said...

Both the jacket and the skirt look great! I have yet to find myself a good maxi skirt, but I think I'd go for something similar to yours (cute yet comfy!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails