Last night while the hubs was at work, I decided to transport back to 1995 by indulging in one of my favorite and most influential movies: Clueless. Although I was a tomboy, this movie really spoke to me during my adolescent years, and truthfully, still does.
- I had the poster hanging in my room of "'isms" (?) that defined words like "boink," "Betty," and "hymenally challenged."
- I wore spaghetti strap tanks over crew neck tees.
- My hair was exactly like Cher's.
- I learned and used a new word every day to expand my vocabulary.
- I used the word "like" about ten times in a sentence. (annoying!)
- I got my Pop saying "buggin' and wiggin'"
- I dreamed of one day having an automated closet like Cher's, but what girl didn't...
- Carrot sticks became my favorite after school snack
- I listened to the soundtrack all. the. time.
- My best friend Kelly and I bought dresses like the white CK dress Cher wore to the club -- mine was white, Kelly's was red; although, ours were cheapo's from Wet Seal.
- two words: FEATHER PENS
- I had a huge crush on Breckin Meyer (Travis)
All of it.
How did this movie have an effect on your life? What do you remember most from the 90s decade? Did anyone else beg their parents for a white bikini top Jeep Wrangler?